Emily Stierwalt represents clients in complex commercial litigation, intellectual property, employment and white-collar criminal matters. Emily also works on regulatory defense matters and has represented corporate and individual clients in connection with government enforcement actions brought by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). Her regulatory experience spans from the receipt of the information request to settlement.
Prior to joining Waymaker, Emily served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Jennifer L. Thurston in the Eastern District of California, where she worked on Social Security Disability Insurance and Section 1983 cases. She earned her J.D. from the University of Southern California, where she also obtained a Certificate in Media and Entertainment Law which included several courses in copyright, trademark, art law, and music law. At USC, Emily participated in the Hale Moot Court Honors Program and was a member of USC’s 10-member National Moot Court Team. Prior to law school, Emily obtained a degree in History and Art History with distinction and high honors from the University of California, Santa Barbara. Emily also spent a year working for The Walt Disney Company in California and Florida as part of the Disney College Program before attending law school.
- Strong Courtroom Performances By Partner Ryan Baker and Associate Emily Stierwalt led to Penile IP Trial Victory
- Sweeping Victory for Waymaker In Penile Implant Trade Secrets 8-0 Jury Trial Win
- Sweeping Victory for Waymaker As Jury Unanimously Finds Houston Urologist Stole IMD Penile Implant Trade Secrets
- Four Associates Named Southern California Rising Stars 2023 – Super Lawyers
- The Trial of Paige Thompson, the Alleged Capital One Hacker, is Underway with Brian Klein, Melissa Meister, and Emily Stierwalt Acting as Defense Counsel
- Judge Gives Preliminary Approval to $20 Million-Plus Settlement in Prius Stalling Defect Class Action Lawsuit Against Toyota
- Three Waymaker Lawyers Named 2021 Leaders in Law by Los Angeles Business Journal