Jaime Marquart focuses on complex commercial litigation, managing and trying a diverse array of cases involving commercial contracts, real estate, film finance, employment and labor disputes, intellectual property, government contract accounting, corporate governance, and corporate finance. Jaime has also on occasion counseled clients on transactional matters in various commercial settings, including private corporate acquisitions, entertainment contracts, employment contracts, and international joint ventures. Based on his experience and success, Jaime was named a “Rising Star” by Los Angeles Magazine from 2009 - 2013, and voted a Super Lawyer every year since 2014.
Jaime received his J.D. from Harvard Law School in 1998, where he graduated cum laude. Jaime graduated from the University of Texas at Austin in 1995 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Honors and Management, with additional concentrations in math and science. Jaime has the academic distinctions of having been admitted to college two years early at the age of sixteen and having graduated from the University of Texas with a perfect 4.0 grade point average, first in a graduating class of approximately 10,000.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of an Academy Award® winning director and screenwriter, as well as a major motion picture studio, in a copyright suit involving a blockbuster ﬁlm.
- Obtained a favorable settlement in an implied contract case brought on behalf of a writer against ABC Cable Networks Group concerning the television show Hannah Montana.
- Obtained summary judgment and received a six-ﬁgure Rule 11 sanctions award on behalf of a commercial lender in a suit seeking $2 million in damages for fraud.
- With co-counsel Quinn Emanuel, obtained a complete defense verdict in a federal jury trial brought against Academy Award® winning directors and producers concerning the ﬁlm The Last Samurai.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for major real estate investment group in a dispute against the defendant seller of a building that contained asbestos.
- Obtained a walk-away settlement on behalf of a large industrial manufacturer in a labor dispute brought by its former executives.
- Obtained positive attorneys’ fees settlement in an interpleader cross-action brought on behalf of one of the world’s largest investment management companies.
- Obtained an IFTA arbitration award for a well-known Hollywood agency ﬁnding that the agency’s former client, an Academy Award® nominated ﬁlm editor, still owed the agency its full commission on multiple major motion picture projects despite client’s early termination of the relationship.
- Obtained favorable pre-lawsuit settlements on behalf of multiple executives against an emerging biopharmaceutical company that had improperly withheld contingent stock and cash compensation from them.
- The Carlyle Group
- Bedford Falls Company
- The Vanguard Group
- Janus Friis (founder of Skype)
- Air Products, Inc.
Other Professional Activities
- American Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- University of Texas Business Honors Alumni Association
- Co-Founders Ryan Baker and Jaime Marquart Quoted in Reuters Story about Law Firm Names
- Five Partners Named Southern California Super Lawyers 2022
- Co-Founder Jaime Marquart Named 2021 “Leader of Influence: Thriving in Their 40s” by Los Angeles Business Journal
- Three Partners and Waymaker Recognized in Benchmark Litigation California 2022
- Partners Marquart and Pepperman File Lawsuit Alleging Trademark Infringement and Unfair Competition Against AT&T